X's and O's

Friday, February 14, 2014

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is my Valentine...


Let me tell you a little about my Valentine. He is romantic, giving, and selfless. He takes care of me better than I deserve. He is the only man I know that does half of the things he does for his wife...and I am honored to say that the lucky wife is me.

He is my knight in shining armor, my superman, my soul mate.

If I hadn't already loaded down my older posts with the countless thoughtful things he does for me each day I would be more than happy to go on. But for the time being let's get down to business...


Welcome to Valentine's Day the Muir way

 Of course we had decorations up right after the new year.

(That cute little pompom garland was made by my adorable friend Laren. I am seriously so in love with it!)

And the night before required a little preparation on my part...


Then the day of love was finally here. After rolling out of bed he guided me into the kitchen where I found this waiting for me.


And finally once night came around, our love tent was born!

 
But a love tent is never complete without a nice meal and a movie to enjoy inside it...which is where of course a heart shaped pizza and Casablanca always take first place. So "here's looking at you kid."


And what is better to wash down a heart shaped pizza than homemade Itallian sodas?


A great way to show your love and appreciation for your Valentine?? Gifts!


Let me just point out that Kirby and I did not tell each other what we wanted, neither did we give any hints toward what we had gotten the other. So the fact that we both bought each other books for the most romantic holiday of the year, is just straight proof that we truly are two peas in a pod.



This Valentine's day is definitely one worth remembering. Sometimes a special night at home beats all others. I am so thankful for this sweetheart of mine and the fact that I know he will be my Valentine for the rest of forever.  We live a blessed life and I am thankful for the chance to share our special moments with all of you.

Love is a special thing, and everyone deserves to have it in their lives. So keep on loving! After all "the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."



4 comments:

  1. Oh my oh my.... You guys are adorable. Madison, your hair looks beautiful. Your guys' love is an inspiration. I hope I find someone as loving as Kirby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a sweetheart. I promise that you will end up just as happy as we are, obviously you deserve it. And thank you so much for your oh so kind thoughts :) Love you!

      Delete
  2. your blog is seriously so cute! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jacque! But let's be honest, your blog wins for being the cutest... I can't get enough of it!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground