first comes love, then comes marriage, and now...

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

...here comes the baby in the baby carriage!

 

This has been the HARDEST thing to keep secret, period. From the moment we found out that a baby was growing inside me I wanted to shout from the rooftops.

This decision was not a light one. In fact, it wasn't even our decision. If we had stuck to our "perfectly planned schedule" we would be starting to try in the next couple of months...but news flash...Heavenly Father has His own time table and I trust His perfect plan a lot more than ours.

I have never had a stronger "knock on the head" answer to my prayers than I did this fall when we said a simple little prayer, asking when it was time to have our baby...well technically I said 4 prayers, and each time the answer came in the most sacred and undeniable of ways. 
Honestly have been praying about when to start our family since the day we got married...but it wasn't until this September that we truly got our answer. It was terrifying, but it was the way things were supposed to be and we took the faithful plunge and started trying!

Two months later...voila! Baby was on it's way!

At about 4 weeks I had been feeling really sick, and that prompted me to take the test...
I wish I could describe to you the feelings that rushed through me as I watched that little stick give proof that a precious body was being created within my own...I instantly fell in love with the little spirit we would be welcoming into our home in just a few months!

I had made a mug that says "you're going to be a dad" in the bottom as soon as we started trying. The second I walked out of the bathroom with the positive test in my robe pocket I started whipping up a cup of hot chocolate for Kirby to drink and reveal the good news...my hands were shaking the ENTIRE time.



He drank. I sat anxiously. He drank some more. I watched. He stopped and looked up at me...and I knew he knew. We hugged, we cried, we laughed...and yet it still hadn't hit us entirely. WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!

We had to wait a whole month before we could go to the doctor and I was so antsy...particularly over one weekend when the constant nausea took a little break and some other unfortunate signs started to nag at the back of my head.

We hadn't seen the baby, we hadn't felt the baby, the only proof that this sweet thing was in there was a little white stick and a constant dose of nausea...and yet, it was our baby and we loved it so much. But in those terrifying few days I felt as though my heart was on the verge of breaking just to think there might be a possibility the baby was gone. It was awful not knowing aaaaanything.

Then, finally it was time to go to the doctor.

As we waited in the waiting room I looked around and saw that I was surrounded by bulging bellies. I was just praying I would look like those glowing mothers-to-be in a few months!

They called my name. We went through the basic procedures with the nurse. Then all we could do was sit in the room and wait anxiously for the doctor to walk in.

After the usual chatter with the doctor she pulled out the ultrasound and we went silent...breathlessly watching.

And then the little peanut popped up on the screen. So teeny and so precious, with his little foot sticking straight up in the air! A teeny little 2.5 cm body that was already a winning over all of Mommy and Daddy's thoughts and conversations.

But the best part was when the little heartbeat picked up on the fancy machine...a strong little heartbeat that made my own stop...even my tough guy of a husband couldn't fight the tears.

All our fears melted away in an instant. Now we had seen the baby. Now we had heard the baby. We had proof that our perfect little baby was as healthy as can be and I have never lived through a moment full of as much love and peace as existed at that point in time.

Well...since then nothing has really changed...I am still sick ALL the time (don't ask me how I make it through student teaching because I honestly don't know) and exhausted ALL the time. We have had one more appointment since then and baby is still as perfect as always and growing like CRAZY!

We are simply over the moon with excitement for this little bundle of joy that will be joining us in August. 

Stay tuned for updates on the sweet thing and his/her journey into our lives!




We love you baby Muir!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground