24th BIRTHDAY

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Having a birthday two days before Christmas can be kind of a downer. But I love the knowledge that I will always be surrounded by my loved ones on my birthday! This year, honestly was the best birthday I can remember having in a while.

Kirby had plans to go to a special private premier screening of Star Wars, but the showing was in Utah the day before we were to drive to Washington for the break...but he was set on going. He changed his plans last minute in order to stay home and help me get ready for the trip AND so that he could go to the show with me, because he knew how much it meant to me. Star Wars in 3D was our very first date, and I loved the idea of being able to relive such a special night.

On my birthday my parents kept Henry home with them while Kirby and I were able to explore downtown and go to the movie! Then, back at my parents, I was given the most incredible assortment of gifts. I know I took a picture of them, but can't seem to find it. Among the gifts were Season 1 and 2 of Pushing Daisies, a bottle of Diet Coke, a bunch of adorable goodies from Anthropologie, the comfiest clothes, and a new pair of black and white Nikes from Kirby! Seriously, couldn't have been more perfect. 

On top of the time alone with my husband, and the best gifts, my mom had slaved away on making my favorite treats, including breakfast casserole and cherry tarts! I was in heaven.

I sure am one lucky girl, and can't wait to spend the rest of my birthdays with the family that I love so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground