Cruise to Baja Mexico!

Monday, March 14, 2016

You guy!! We finally did it! We went on a cruise!! My hardworking husband was invited on a cruise with the team leaders from his region of Aptive, and a couple others. It was the perfect get away and perfect first family vacation. I was a little apprehensive about taking Henry with us, in fact, we talked to my mom about staying with him while Kirby and I partied on the ocean...but it only took maybe 15 seconds after talking about leaving him for us to realize that was NOT going to happen.

No way was I going to leave my ever growing, ever changing, ever evolving baby! He could be a completely different boy by the time I saw him again, at the rate he has been growing! And let me tell you, we made the right decision. I literally prayed that Henry would have fun and be a good boy so his mama and daddy could have fun too...and he was better than I ever imagined! I swear I am being 100% honest when I say that he only cried TWICE the entire trip! And both times, it was only because we kept him up way too late and the poor thing was exhausted.

The cruise was somehow completely relaxing, and completely exciting at the same time. The highlights for me include mostly the food...breakfast in bed, free room service (cheese cake at midnight? yes please), a Mongolian grill, the chocolate melting cake (probably my favorite), the fresh seafood (3 appetizers and 2 entrees please and thank you), and 24/7 soft serve and pizza...just to name a few! I gained back just about all of the baby weight and I still don't regret it. It was honestly SO hard to go back to having to cook my own boring meals...so...hard.

We also took a family nap every day which was SO nice! A) Because all three of us were together with no distractions. B) Because I didn't have to feel guilty about not doing any chores while I slept. And C) Because they made our bed every morning, AND after each nap so it was always nice and ready for us to gt cozy. 

So other than the food and the rest...Kirby road 4 wheelers and went on an amazin zipline/roap course! He took an awesome video...that sadly didn't save, but at least he has the memories right??

Henry was nothing short of a celebrity on the ship! Every worker and several passengers knew him by name and went out of their way to make sure we had fun with him! If you want to cut lines on a cruise ship take your baby, that alone might make it worth it!

All in all it was an incredible trip, and I am so lucky to have a sweet husband who works so hard!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground