Mother's Day

Sunday, May 8, 2016

I remember in elementary school, our teachers would always ask us to draw a picture of, or write a paragraph about, what we wanted to be when we grew up. I always said that I wanted to be a mom. "Mama" is and forever will be my favorite name.

When I had Henry, I became someone new, it's as if I shed my old self as I dawned my new title. While it was, and still is, a huge adjustment, I know that I am fulfilling everything I was meant to do and become in this life.

Being Henry's mom is everything to me. He makes it so easy. He has taught me more than I could ever put into words, and forced me to find strength and bravery beyond anything I ever expected to find within myself. He is my world. Being his mama is my life. And that is everything to me.

Becoming a mother has also made me appreciate my mom and all that she does and continues to do. She is such a caring and thoughtful lady, I am honored to be her daughter and watch her serve those around her. I only hope that I can end up raising my kids are faithful and courageously as she did with my sisters and me.

This Mother's Day, I got to sleep in a little, as Kirby got Henry fed and ready for church without any prodding from me AND made me a delicious breakfast in bed. After church the boys took their nap, and I got some coveted, and much appreciated "me" time. I was able to watch a girly show, paint my nails and enjoy my favorite snacks that Kirby had hidden throughout the kitchen, followed by breakfast in bed (again, because hello! breakfast is the best).

As we got in bed that night I asked Kirby to give me a verbal card (he felt so bad that he hadn't gotten me a physical card, but this was much better, I loved hearing his raw thoughts). I took notes in my phone...and he might kill me, but it went something like this:

Happy Mother's Day Madison,

Thanks for birthing my son... he is perfect.
You're the most devoted and driven mom anyone could ask for, and I'm sure Henry would agree.
I love you so much!

Love,

Kirby

Kirby gets embarrassed when it comes to lovey dovey talk, so this was a big deal to him and a big deal for me to hear. It was so sweet to have him whisper those to me, as we snuggled in bed after a beautiful day.

I love my boys and all that they do for me.

Happy Mother's day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground