Happy Halloween!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

     I for one love all Holidays...like love love. But it is safe to say that Halloween is in my top three! Fall is by far my favorite season, I love the crispness of the air and of course all of the colors that come with the changing of the leaves. The fresh apple cider and yummy pumpkin treats to me mean more than the fact that fall is here...they mean that Halloween is coming!
     
One thing that I miss most about being home during this time of year, is going to the pumpkin patch with my family. Greenbluff (where we always pick our pumpkins) is the setting for a lot of my favorite memories from home. Last year we were so busy planning our wedding that we didn't even have time to carve a pumpkin...so Kirby made sure we picked up our pumpkins and had them carved by Halloween this year! Boy am I glad he did too, because we had so much fun! We went over to his brother's house and carved with him and his wife and a couple of their friends. A few of them had never had baked pumpkin seeds! So I had to introduce them to the delicious snack that in my opinion should always go hand in hand with pumpkin carving. In the end it was a blast carving our cute little pumpkins.
     
Growing up, I was always one of those little girls that could play dress up all day everyday and never get tired of it. Now that I am an adult Halloween is the one time a year that I can let that side of me out again! Dressing up is even more fun now that I have a cute little husband to dress up with. My old roommate Laren hosted a delicious and festive dessert party where we were able to sport our costumes, hang out with some of our best friends, and get the pants scared off of us by telling scary stories!
      
So happy Halloween! May all of your festivities be spooky and exciting! 


Halloween 2013 costume: Dead 1920s couple

2 comments:

  1. We missed you at our pumpkin carving party I think you could have won this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I doubt that. But it would have been way fun to be there!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground