A Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy day after Thanksgiving to you all, and a happy Black Friday to those of you who braved it!

What a wonderful time of year this is. While this was the first Thanksgiving I spent away from my family...ever, I was a little home sick. But it was so much fun to spend it with my in laws!

The food was amazing, as predicted, and it was so much fun to actually contribute this year. This was the first year I have actually made something of my own for the Thanksgiving feast! Kirby and I made a delicious pasta salad and stuffed chicken appetizer (as pictured below). I think that my favorite item off the Thanksgiving table this year was a german chocolate/chocolate mouse pie that my Father in law made...I ate way more than my helping of that one for sure!

We finished the night off with one of my family's favorite games...The Great Dalmuti! And I felt right at home.

My favorite quote from the day...I asked Dominic (2 year old nephew) Do you know what today is?? and he replied with "Yeah, Pie!" haha. Close enough, right?

This morning I headed down to Idaho Falls with my mother in law, sister in law Kim, and her sister Angela for some Black Friday shopping. I barely made a dent in the Christmas Shopping that needs to get done, but I definitely got a good start. Plus I think it is safe to say that I doubled our movie collection this morning.

I am thankful for so much this year, and loved having a day to focus on my gratitude and express my thanks. I live a blessed life, no doubt!

Our Roasted Garlic, Tomato, and Olive Pasta Salad and Chicken bites stuffed with cream cheese and jalopenos, wrapped in bacon! Our small contribution to the large feast!

2 comments:

  1. Missed you this year! Your contribution looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you guys too! At least we had Christmas together!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground