Walking on Sunshine

Monday, March 24, 2014

Sundays have always meant a few things . . . church, family time, reading, naps, aaaaaaand walks. Lately it has been a tad bit too chilly for one of my favorite Sunday afternoon options, but not this week! The sun was shining bright and we were excited for a breath of fresh air in the Idaho-an outdoors. 

In just a couple of weeks we will be leaving this part of the country and moving on down to Texas . . . and we decided it was about time to start saying good bye to the nature that surrounds us.

So after a lovely day at church, a deep nap, and a family dinner we pulled on our Nikes and went on a mini adventure . . .

Now it is time for a story. Have any of you heard of a Chupacabra? No? Well it is a creepy little vampire dog thing that is said to live mostly in the Americas. Most people don't believe in them, or have never heard of a "Chupacabra" but Kirby and his friends each swear to have seen "The Creature" at various places, mostly along the river and always late at night. To add to their stories, farmers nearby the places of their "sightings" have found their animals dead with strange bite marks (and Chupacabras are known to be blood suckers of lifestock, mostly goats). But anyways . . . I always get creeped out by their stories, especially at night and near the river. And yes, they have turned me into a believer.

During our walk Kirb was having way too much fun pointing out the places where The Creature probably hides along the banks, or freezing at the sound of the smallest animal rummaging in the bushes. Totally got me a little creeped, but I am so happy to have a husband that can turn an ordinary walk into a chupacabra hunting adventure! But according to him we also passed by Area 51 . . . yes, THE Area 51. . . so you can never really know.

An ordinary day is always a little more exciting with my Kirb.

Then we turned the mood around, making the day a little more romantic. So we took a trip up to the exact place where he first asked me to be his wife. This was the first time we had been back to visit this very special place and reminisce on the very beginnings of our fairytale. I am so thankful for the moment I said "yes" to the sweetest man I have ever met. I loved making memories then and I love making memories now. I hope to keep them all with us forever.

In case you were wondering this is a "chupacabra trail" ...we also found one of their beds haha











Our special place.

The man who decided to put a ring on it.



Totally mushy, totally cheesy . . . but what can I say, we are totally in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground