a belated birthday to yours truly

Saturday, January 10, 2015

I am a lucky girl. I know you hear that a lot from me, but it is true. This birthday was just extra proof of this.

My birthday is December 23, aka two days before Christmas, aka not always the best time for a big celebration. But this year was one I have been looking forward to since I was 9...because when I was 9 I found out that there is such a thing as a "golden birthday," a magical birthday where you turn the same age as the day of the month you were born on. And my dear friends, this year was my golden year.

My sweet husband made sure my golden birthday was everything I had ever dreamed of. So two weeks before the actual birthday he threw me a fun and glittering party (I might have accidentally had more influence on this party than I should have). Guys. This is a big deal. Birthday parties might seem pretty common place to almost everyone else, but this was the first birthday party I have had since I turned 16! It was a great night full of friends, laughter, games, junk food, and two delicious cakes prepared by my Kirby himself! He even went the extra mile and made my favorite homemade frosting! I definitely have a gem for a husband.

And THEN as if this wasn't enough, on the morning of my real birthday I was brought my favorite breakfast in bed, and got to go out to sushi with Kirby's whole family. Again, I am one lucky girl.

I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Oh and I must mention that I am so lucky to have friends and family with such great style and giving hearts, because all of my birthday gifts this year were on point!

Thank you to everyone who played a part in celebrating another year of love and hapiness.


And again, I cannot end a birthday post without saying happy birthday to the prophet Joseph Smith. To whom I owe so much. I have always felt so special to share a birthday with that great man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground