Dear Babe, It's Easter

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Dear Baby boy/girl,

        First of all, I cannot tell you how excited your daddy and I are to see you on the big screen at the doctor tomorrow! It has been 4 months since we first saw the little bean that you used to be, sitting there as calm as can be with your little foot sticking up in the air. I know you have grown so much and developed a ton since our last little photo-shoot with the doctor and I can hardly wait to see that perfect face of yours. They say you are the size of a banana right now...but I'm not sure how I feel about that comparison.
        This appointment is going to be extra special...do you know why? We will finally be able to legitimately call you he or she! We both have the same guess, and it has been the same since day one, so let's see how good your parents are at using their parental intuition! But whether you are a boy or a girl, one thing is for sure, your mommy and daddy love you more than we can express and think about you constantly. You are already the highlight of our lives and nothing brings us greater joy than knowing that soon we will be able to hold you in our arms.
        Today was a special day for so many reasons. First of all it is Easter Sunday, the day we turn our thoughts to our Savior and the unmatchable gift of the atonement. He gave his life so that we could be a family for eternity, and now, more than ever, I am unable to express my appreciation for that gift. He was the only person pure enough to give us such a gift. He suffered for us, because he loves us, and through his suffering was able to give us the chance to earn our place in the celestial kingdom through repentance. Because of him, your daddy and I were able to be sealed together for time and all eternity, and you are able to be born into a family that will last long after we have left this life on Earth. I love your dad more than you will ever know, and I already love you with all of my heart, the knowledge that I will always have the two of you by my side means everything to me...because of him.
        This Easter was extra special because it happened to fall on conference weekend. General Conference is something I look forward to constantly between sessions. It is a time when we can hear the living prophet and apostles bare their witness of our Heavenly Father and all that the gospel is. The Spirit that is felt when true witnesses of Christ speak, when members from all over the world join together to sustain the leaders and worship, when stories and thoughts are shared that touch and inspire each heart in a unique way, and when we are reminded of the love that exists in this Church is sacred and remarkable. I can think of no better way to worship our Lord and his redeeming sacrifice than to listen to the incredible servants of his Church and their testimonies of his life.
       Yes, we still had embarrassing amounts of Cadbury Mini-Eggs and Star-Burst jelly beans, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't surprise your dad with an Easter Sundae kit, but that was the extent of our celebrating. We did however create a new tradition that I plan to carry on throughout our lives. You see, your dad has a special and unique love and knowledge of the hymn book. He has songs memorized that I have never even heard of, and can tell you where to turn to find just about any song in the book. So today, we gathered around the piano and sang through all of the Easter hymns (and many more). Easter carol singing is my new favorite tradition...plus I love watching your dad try to make it through a whole song before quitting on me because he has gotten too choked up ;)
       Oh but just you wait, one more miracle happened today that really put the icing on the Easter cake. As your dad and I were sitting silently on the couch, about to head to bed you decided to make your presence known. I had felt you nudge me just a few times before, and it was so subtle that I was afraid I had mistaken a bubble for a kick...but tonight, as we sat on the couch, you were dancing around like a crazy person! Constant kicks and bumps were erupting in my abdomen, so much that I could see my tummy moving where you were pushing on me! It was the most exhilarating moment I have experienced. But the best part of this all is that this was the first time I was able to share your little love nudges with your daddy. As he sat there with his hand on my belly, looking straight into my eyes, we shared our first real moment as a family of three and I will never forget the love that exploded in our hearts...in that quiet room, on that special Easter day. So, thank you baby, I know you felt how special today was and your addition to the day made it as perfect as can be.

Love you Forever and Always,

Mom


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground