3 Year Anniversary!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I will never ever get tired of telling you all just how wonderful, sweet, and thoughtful my husband is. He keeps me amazed!

This year we stretched our anniversary out over 2 days in order to shorten our time that we had leave Henry in someone else's care.

Kirby's mom was on Thanksgiving break at school so she graciously came over to watch Henry the day before so that we could go to the temple (our ongoing and favorite anniversary tradition).
The temple is such a magical place, and brings us closer as a couple with each visit. We participated in some sealings this time around, and it was marvelous to be reminded of those sacred promises that we made three years earlier.

The day of our anniversary, Henry and I woke up after daddy had left for class, to find a beautiful spread of presents laid out on the table. Kirby's presents are always so meaningful and well thought out. I had been BEGGING to put up our Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, since we were leaving to spend the holiday in Washington with my family so early. He kept denying my requests, and I honored his wishes. So when I saw the gorgeous Christmas decorations and a copy of my favorite Christmas movie sitting on the table I just about melted. Farther down the table were some darling additions for my somewhat-newly finished bathroom (a room that I have been wanting to update the knickknacks in for a while). One of my favorite pieces on the present table was a GORGEOUS necklace. I love that Kirby always wants to pick out what he gets me without any help, and he always gets something that is just my style. And of course some perfect roses (and then even more when home with him from class). I definitely have a sweetheart to call my husband.

My sweet little sis Jessica watched Henry so that Kirby and I could go check out the new sushi place in town, for lunch. We were pleasantly surprised, and so blessed to be able to spend some alone time in the middle of the day! Then, that night we bought some of our favorite candies, dropped Hen off at my in laws, and went to the final Hunger Games movie. Now, this movie might not seem like the most romantic of movies, BUT on our first anniversary Kirby planned the entire day to please and surprise me, and knowing how much I love the Hunger Games books, he took me to Catching Fire. And since all of the movies have come out in November since then, it became a sort of tradition to see one movie in the series each year.

I love my husband oh so much and am so lucky to be able to spend eternity with him by my side. Thank you for choosing me, Kirby Lee Muir!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground