A Holly Jolly Christmas

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Oh Christmas, what a wonderful time of year! This Christmas Season has been one of my favorites by far. This wasn't our first Christmas as a married couple, but since last Christmas we were literally just getting home from Mexico it sure felt like it! We made sure to do this year right. We kind of went overboard on presents, definitely went overboard on sweets, and watched the Grinch at least ten times. We made gingerbread houses, played Christmas music all the way from Rexburg to Spokane, wore Christmas sweaters as often as possible, and did just about every other Christmasy thing we could think of! And I am happy to say we get to spend the Holidays with my family this year, no matter how much we miss the Muirs.

My family has a few fun Christmas traditions...one of which is none other than the acting out of the Nativity! My dad always reads the story from the scriptures while we do our best to act it out. Each year it gets more extravagant.This year I am proud to say that Kirby played a wonderful donkey, and was a great addition!

However, I think that my favorite tradition is the sister slumber party the night before Christmas. We all pile blankets and pillows into the living room and watch Christmas movies until we can't keep our eyes open anymore! This year Kirby joined in on all of the giggling and girl talk, as we fell asleep to the sound of "It's a Wonderful Life."

Christmas morning was as glorious as ever. We all turn into little kids with out eyes all aglow and can hardly contain our excitement. One of my favorite moments was when my mom and dad opened my cheesy gift. When I was a little girl we would always say "love you, sweet dreams, best friends, sleep good" every-night when they tucked me in. So I made them a sign to put in their bedroom, so it'd be like we were still saying it (see? I told you it was cheesy). But it made my mom cry so...score! Soon the tears were flowing more when she opened a new diamond wedding band! By far the best gift of the night. Anyways...here are my favorite memories from the day.

Highlights from this Christmas:
  • Acting out the nativity on Christmas Eve
  • Sisters slumber-party in the livingroom (plus Kirby)
  • Mom's new wedding band
  • Hours and hours of wrapping presents
  • New Hunter boots for...yours truly!
  • Buying Dominic a basketball hoop and seeing how excited that made him
  • Breakfast casserole
  • Kirby being forced to watch the One Direction Movie twice
  • Going to Nana's for the traditional ornament exchange
  • Making ornaments with our faces on them
  • Peppermint Pig
  • Kirby opening the guitar pedal I bought him
  • The beautiful tree at my parents
My mom's beautiful tree!

The family nativity...Mandy: Mary, Kirby: Donkey, Bailey: Sheppard, Buster: Sheep, Jessica: Joseph, Madison: Wiseman, Mom: Angel.

My most attractive lover.
seriously love him so much

Christmas morning

After the ring was opened!

The ring!

Mandy and cousin Maggie

5 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the wild Wiberg Christmas/ pizza party & baptism/ baby blessing! If not for that we wouldn't have seen you guys, so glad that you made it, even for a short visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no I did not forget that! How could I? I have a post just for that in the making :) I only posted about the actual Christmas day on this one. That was the highlight of my break, so it is definitely not forgotten!

      Delete
    2. Oh good! Can't wait to read it, you are a much better blogger than I, I am months behind. Keep the posts coming :) I love how you write.

      Delete
    3. You are too sweet! I am sure I am only on top of things like I am because it is still new and exciting for me haha. Being months behind just means you have better things to do ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground