Post Christmas Excitement

Monday, January 6, 2014

1: Wiberg family Christmas Party/Baptism/Blessing
2: A night-out in downtown Spokane
3: The Gonzaga Game

The weekend after Christmas we made yet another trip up to the Tri-Cities. This time it was to be with my dad's family! Every year that we can, whoever is in town meets together for a big Christmas party, complete with gift exchanges and yummy treats. But this year was an extra special party...before the gathering we all met together for the baptism of my beautiful cousin Paige, and the blessing of her baby brother, Easton. What a beautiful night it was. Paige is the sweetest thing and brought such a strong spirit with her to share with everyone in her presence. I am so thankful that we were able to share her special day with her and her family. And oh my, that baby Easton is the most precious, teen-tiny baby I have seen. I was so sad to have to say good bye to them and the rest of the family! We love our time spent with them and I am so glad that Kirby fits right in with the whole Wiberg clan!

Also, a shout out to my old friend Alyse and her new husband! We were able to make a quick stop at their reception before the baptism/blessing. Congratulations to the cutest couple!

I am sad I didn't grab a picture of Paige looking like an angel in her white dress, but here is Easton and his perfect smile :)




My parents have been raving about this pizza place called Fire. So they begged and begged to take us, and we finally gave in (yeah right). So the entire family gathered around in this fancy pizza place to feast on the most delicious artisan pizza ever made! I about died. So again, to those of you in the Spokane or Couer d' Alene area go to Fire and you will be so glad you did. Once our taste buds were dancing with joy and our stomaches were full we walked across the street to do some exploring at the Davenport Hotel. My sisters can turn anything into something fun, we searched all of the old pictures of the original hotel for the people who were creepy enough to probably still be haunting the halls. We explored each room that we could, admired the architecture, and took in all of the glamor that we could before it was time to say goodbye. 


My dad's job blesses him with tickets to most of the Gonzaga games. Kirby and I were excited to be home long enough to finally go to one with him! We loved watching the players, and I take pride in the fact that I figured out one of their most commonly used plays (because I'm just that good haha). We also had fun playing a little "I Spy John Stockton" who was sitting a couple of sections over from us. Something else pretty cool (that I am sad we missed) is that, as the chosen UPS representative, my dad was invited down to half court during half time of the game they played the day we left. There they presented him with a ball signed by each of the players. Go Dad and Go Zags!



My dad's sweet ball!

Well thanks for reading, I hope this year will be one to remember for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground