A June in Dallas

Friday, July 3, 2015

June looked a lot like May...minus all the flooding and crazy storms. Don't get me wrong, it still stormed, just not so 24/7 if you catch my drift! Kirby still works, I still play, Sodapalooza is still a regular routine, and the local food is still the highlight of our weekends. But, aside from the routine of our week days, the June weekends hold some special memories.

We might not have as much family around us as we would like to, but we are lucky enough to have Kirby's older brother and his family 4 hours away from us in Oklahoma. So the weekend before our nephew turned 4 we were able to take a road trip to visit them for an early celebration! We left immediately after Kirby got done selling on Saturday, getting there late at night, and staying up until about 4 in the morning catching up. Kirby and I slept on a blow up mattress wedged between the little boys' beds...I was sure that when Dominic woke up he would be freaked, but he woke up in the middle of the night, sat straight up, looked at us, and all he had to say was "I have ninja turtle sheets!" Man those boys make me smile and I am so glad Kirby has a little buddy to share his ninja turtle love with. I could go on and on with the funny things we heard and saw those little boys do that weekend...but I will keep it short. I will say though, that around 8:00, after less than 4 hours of sleep, they both peaked their little heads in where Kirby and I were still sleeping, and Dominic just whispered "see?" to Lincoln, as if proving we really were there. After that I was too excited to go back to sleep! Kirby said it was like watching a little girl on Christmas morning. So I spent the next few hours wrestling, bug hunting, and doing all the fun things you get to do when you have nephews to play with and all the other adults are still sleeping! Our little boy is going to have the best cousins...and they are already obsessed with the baby growing in my belly. They got to feel him kick, and Dominic kept talking to the baby and trying to "wake him up" if he wasn't moving. The weekend went by too quickly...but the fun was worth it. We got to watch Dominic ride his scooter and bike at a skate park, play at the pool, have a barbecue, and give Dominic his first "real" baseball hat. Also, can I just say that Kirby and Lincoln have the sweetest bond...they were practically inseparable, and when it came time to leave Linc kept saying "but I want you Kirby!"

Happy Birthday Four Year Old Dominic!

{Road Trip Selfies}

{discussions during our bug hunt}

{birthday boy in a baseball hat}

{Uncle Kirby > Jungle Gym}

{These two...and Linc's Face}

Then on another magical weekend we were able to just barely make it to the last session at the Dallas temple after work...and it was amazing, duh. The Dallas temple is old, big, and very pretty. And while it was difficult to fit in, and a little chaotic to get to through all the road construction, every second of it was worth anything. The comfort and peace we felt there were just what we had both been needing, and the blessings were obvious and immediate. Oh, and the temple date of course had to be followed by tacos and shakes.



The rest of our June nights consisted of more tacos, good old Texan BBQ, movies, friends, game nights, you know...the usual.

Oh and you should probably know that my husband decided to bring home a massive dinosaur of a TV that a customer was getting rid of...and while it isn't the prettiest, it has been so much fun! We hook our netflix up to it, and snuggle on the couch just about every Sunday these days.

I am so proud of my husband and the hard work that he devotes himself to...no matter how crappy he is feeling or how wet and hot it is outside!

I am also missing my family and friends a lot these days...I seriously talk to my mom about every day and we FaceTime them almost every week. I can't wait to be back home with our new addition to the family!

Keep on keepin on,

Love, Madison


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground