Maternity Pictures

Thursday, July 9, 2015

I love pictures. I take tons of pictures, save them on two computers (just in case), print them to fill albums, and frame and hang them all over our house...but if we are being honest, I never saw myself taking maternity pictures, let alone loving them as much as I do with these.

My body has changed, a lot. And I would be lying if I didn't find myself looking back at pictures from before I was pregnant and missing my body more than I imagined. I sometimes don't recognize myself, everything about me looks different! Not only have a blown up like a balloon (no thanks to this Texas heat), but it's as if everything from my skin to my smile has changed. And you know what? I'm more than ok with that. My body is doing incredible things and I love it for that.

My life has changed so much over the past 34 weeks...and despite all the trials we have been faced with, I am happier than ever before, I feel closer to my husband than ever before, and I am only 6 weeks away from being able to kiss the little boy that I have been growing for almost 9 months. This is all part of the journey that our little family is on, and I want to do everything I can to hold on to these feelings and memories that we are making, and that is exactly why I found myself taking these maternity pictures and being so glad that I did.

Thanks to my parents for buying me such a nice camera for Christmas, and my sweet friend Lauren for standing out in the Texan heat to take these pictures for us, aaaand of course thanks to Kirby for being such a trooper and taking so many pictures with me!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground