Henry's Blessing

Monday, September 21, 2015

The morning of Henry's blessing, I know he was surrounded by all his little angel friends. He could NOT stop smiling into apparently thin air as we fed and dressed him for his special day.

The sun was shining as we walked down to the church building near our house, carrying our sweet boy, dressed in white. 

At 9:18 am on September 13, 2015 Kirby carried our perfect boy up to the front of the chapel, followed by other family members. They gathered in a circle, and the second the blessing began, I could not hold back the tears. Kirby was lead and guided to give the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard. As he spoke of love, truth, and faith, I could feel the power of his words and the quiet strength that lies in our son.

Throughout the entire blessing Henry was wide awake, looking around, and  completely silent. I am sure he could sense the importance and sacredness of what was taking place.

I am so thankful to have a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood and for the baby that we get to call our own. 

I will never forget that sweet day and the spirit that resided in that sacrament meeting.










The day of his blessing also happened to be the day that Henry turned one month old! Happy birthday baby boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground