Birthday Boy

Thursday, July 24, 2014

My birthday boy is the cutest, most giving, caring, and understanding boy out there. 
 I don't know how I was lucky enough to be able to have the chance to always and forever be the one celebrating all future birthdays by his side.

What is more worth celebrating than the fact that your one true love has been given a life on this Earth? Well the answer is nothing.

July 22nd is one day worth celebrating to it's fullest extent!

I am a firm believer in breakfast in bed, especially on birthdays...so naturally that is where the festivities began.

Kirby is normally better at this, he can sneak out of bed and bang around as much as he wants without fear of waking me up, creating the perfect breakfast and the perfect surprise. When it is my turn to be the one doing the surprising the situation is a little trickier...(One of these days you should hear the story of our first Valentine's Day, major breakfast in bed failure on my part). Kirb is a very light sleeper, so on the off chance that I do manage to even wake up before him the odds of me sneaking out without waking him are very slim...but if he does wake up he is always good at pretending to be asleep, or at least staying in bed. So at least the "in bed" part is always safe, even if it isn't such a surprise.

This year, the choice meal was a no brainer...when you live in Texas you get a Texas-sized Doughnut for your birthday breakfast. Case closed.  


After literally slicing pieces of the doughnut off and eating it like a cake we donned our swimsuits and headed down to the pool for some birthday-uncle/nephew-pool-playtime (because who doesn't like wearing a swimsuit after eating a huge doughnut?) Then just like any other day it was time to send him off to the meeting while I quickly prepared his favorite dish for lunch.

Lunch always seems to be the shortest half hour that ever existed, let me tell you! But it came and went full of happy scarfing and rushed kisses as he ran out the door.


(I must admit one thing...whenever uncle Kirby is around he is definitely first choice over me...whenever Kirby would try to hand Lincoln off to me all he would say is "no no no no no no..." shaking his head the whole time until Kirby took him back.)

Kirby got plenty of birthday kisses from our two favorite boys...and a beautiful birthday picture from Dominic.
 
But the real "party" wasn't until late at night, after work, and after presents...

...and by party I mean we went to Top Golf.

I am not a golfer...like all I can say is that I have been mini-golfing several times, and had maybe hit a few balls when I was like 10, so I was a little weary about going to this foreign place. I wasn't sure what to expect but I knew that Kirby had been waiting for a chance to go and I figured I would try to be the fun wife and plan something he was sure to enjoy on his birthday (big of me, I know).

The funny thing is that I can honestly say I had just as much fun as he did. Seriously though.
It was not at all what I had expected, way fancier, but more laid back than I had pictured, and definitely way more fun.

Plus I had no idea I married a pro ;)

And I didn't know to expect this either but they served us yummy food in our comfy little booth...a sure way to our hearts. 

We were smitten. 

And are definitely going back.


I am thankful for yet another year spent with this birthday boy and look forward to all future birthdays we get to spend together! Each day with him is a blessing, and I owe so much of who I am today to July 22nd and the life of this wonderful man.

Happy Birthday my Kirby Lee Muir, I am all about you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground