4th of July

Monday, July 4, 2016

We all know that the 4th of July is kind of my jam, so I have high expectations every time it rolls around. This year, I was kind of a grump. I donned my red white and blue, after having all of our outfits laid out the night before, pulled Henry's flag shirt I bought him before he was even born over his head and sat around in anticipation with Kirby's parents.

Once Kirby got home, I kind of turned into a sulky grump for no reason. I turned everything into something to whine about...we needed to get out the door and on the way to the carnival faster, we didn't have good enough blankets, parking is going to be a pain, bla bla bla. And Kirby, being the sweet husband that he is, and knowing it was important to me to have things turn out didn't get grumpy back, but set about trying to solve all of my "problems."

And then we got there and boy oh boy, the food wasn't good enough, the lines were too long, there wasn't the right flavors of Italian ice...bla bla bla (again). So Kirby stands in a forever long line to get me my kettle corn, buys the best flavor of Italian ice he can find, and snuggles me on the one blanket we packed for the entire group.

And it is right then that I realize was an incredible night I was having, but just couldn't get myself have at the same time. I was in California surrounded by family, snuggled up to my sweet husband and baby boy on a beautiful night (with the freshest kettle corn I had ever had, might I add). And then the national anthem started. I hugged Kirby, finally put a smile on, and watched a firework show that brought me to tears at least 3 times.

I live a blessed life, and that is something I plan on never forgetting again.
I live in a free country, I am sealed to my family for eternity, I have the gospel guiding my life, and I cannot wait to show the world just how happy that makes me! Happy 4th!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground