Kirby's 30th

Friday, July 22, 2016

30 going on 13. Kirby is 30 can you believe it?? I make jokes about him being old all the time, but really he is still the same Kirby I met 5 years ago!

This birthday is kind of a big deal, as is the man who was birthed 30 years ago. So I did my best to make it a special day for him.

I splurged and finally got him some gifts I know he has been wanting (the big deal was finally getting a record player so he can actually listen to all those records he has been collecting!)

I brought donuts to his meeting, made him a sign with 30 things I love about him, decorated our little apartment, and made him his traditional birthday samoa cheesecake!

I even brought Henry and got to join him for lunch in his work area.

Once he was done working we went swimming and had a little "party" at home.

Kirby, in his usual goofy form, conducted the singing of "Happy Birthday To You," like we were a choir. Toward the end of the song his cake decoration caught on fire! I guess 30 lit candles next to little wooden skewers was not my brightest idea, but it sure added a little excitement to the night!

Our little party wasn't anything fancy, but it was fun and special, just like he is.

He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Happy Birthday boo!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground